Monday, January 21, 2013

Savory Style Green Beans

 I love going to a restaurant and finding that the vegetable being served with the entree is not just something out of a can but is fresh and has a slightly sweet and buttery taste to it.  When I was asked to come up with a side dish for Christmas Eve this one fit perfectly!  Not only was it delicious but the colors were perfect too!  Also, I couldn't believe that fresh green beans were readily available this time of year at several of the supermarkets that I shop at.  This doesn't have to be a Christmas dish because the colors look appealing at all times of the year and the flavor is wonderful.
Savory Green Beans

2 lbs.   fresh green beans trimmed
2 cups water
1 teas. Salt
1/3cup butter
1 ½Tblspn. Sugar
1 teas.  Dried Basil
½ teas. Garlic pdr.
¼ teas. Salt
¼ teas. Pepper
2 cups  halved cherry or grape tomatoes

Boil beans 15 min. Melt butter over med hear; stir in sugar and next 4 ing.  Add tomatoes and cook, stirring gently until heated.  Pour tomatoes mixture over beans. Serve.                                                  8 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!