Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sour Cream Chicken Breast


Easy Sour Cream Chicken

     Sour Cream Chicken Breast is one of my most prized recipes!  My sister gave this to me many years ago and it still remains a favorite for family dinners, social dinners, and for company.  It is elegant yet simple to prepare.  I can't say enough about the flavor!  Juicy, perfect, and delicious  every time you make it!  

     One of the reasons why this is so tender and juicy is because it calls for bone-in chicken breast.  These tend to be quite large.  I try to buy the smallest piece I can but they still are pretty big.  If you cook it until it is tender and done, you can usually make a cut across the cooked chicken to divide it in half to make smaller portions.  This takes some practice to make it look good if it is for company to cut it in the right place where it will slide off the bone.  Just try one when you aren't worried about the looks of it and you will quickly learn where to cut.

Sour Cream Chicken Breast


Ingredients:





6-8 Bone in Chicken Breast (I used 4 in this recipe to fit into 1 13 x 9 pan)
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Season Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

 Combine all ingredients except for the chicken in a large enough to dip the chicken breasts in.

Dip the chicken one at a time and place in a 13 x 9 pan.  Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight).  


     When ready to cook uncover chicken and sprinkle with dried bread crumbs (about 3/4 cup). I make my own by putting a couple of slices of bread in a paper sack and leaving them to dry for about a week.
    When I need them I just take the bread out and crush with a meat mallet in a plastic bag.  I think this is much cheaper and easier than buying them at the store and I always have some on hand this way.  

     Now take between 2 to 4 Tablespoons butter and melt it in a cup in the microwave.  Drizzle the chicken with it. 
Cover the pan completely with foil and place in the oven.
   Cook at 325 Degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours.  If you want the chicken to brown, remove the foil the last 1/2 hour of cooking time. 

  This is gonna taste great!














 This recipe was shared on these wonderful sites!
Totally Tasty Tuesdays 
Whimsy Wednesdays 
Wake up Wednesdays 
Whats Cooking Love? 
Buns In My Oven 
Plucky's Second Thought 
Ladies Only Blog Share 
The Better Baker 
Hungry Harps 
Inspire Me Monday 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! :) I've pinned and shared it!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the ingredients and pinned this to try. I also never heard of drying bread in a paper bag for bread crumbs...going to try that too. Visiting from Fri. Pin Fest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love recipes like this~ Nice and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand:) Thanks for sharing on Four Seasons Blog Hop~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, this sounds delicious! and easy to make which is always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!