Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine Petit Fours Cheater Style!!

Petit Fours easy recipe
When you find out how easy these really are to make you will be amazed and delighted!  I have tried a few petit four recipes in my time and none were what I would call fast or easy.  With all purchased ingredients they come together in minutes (except for the chilling time) and after resting overnight they taste like you slaved all day making and cutting tiny cakes to dip in white frosting.  This recipe is adapted from Snackworks.com

First, I will apologized for the recipe amounts.  The amounts are close to what is needed but vary a little with how much you leave on and in the middle of the cakes.  I just kept dipping and adding jam and chocolate until they were all finished.  This is how I did it.


Valentine Petit Fours -Cheater Style!!


1 Box Vanilla Wafers (I used Nilla)
24 oz. White Almond Bark (White Chocolate would be even better!)
1/2 cup Raspberry Jam or Cake Filling
Valentine Decorating Hearts and Sprinkles

Decide whether you want to make double layer or triple layer cakes or a combination of each. Count out the number of bottom layers you can make and set them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet flat side down. 





Add a small amount of raspberry jam (I used cake filling I had on hand) to the flat side of each remaining wafer and set one or two (dbl or triple) on top of the cookies that are on the cookie sheet.   I did like the doubles because they were easier to eat.




     Set the cookie sheet in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours to chill until firm enough to dip.  I actually put mine in the freezer for a half hour and they were fine.  As they warmed up the last few started to slide so you may want to only take a few out at a time to dip. 

     Melt the Almond Bark as the directions direct.  Please watch carefully to make sure you don't get it too hot.  Stop heating as soon as or even a little before the chunks are completely melted.  Then stir until smooth.  Set the cookies on a fork and lower into the Almond Bark until fully covered.  Lift them out and tap gently on the side of the cup to loosen the extra candy off, then swipe the bottom of the fork across the cup and set the cake on the wax paper to set up.  After every other one is dipped, add your sprinkles or decorations before the candy sets up.















     I was disappointed when I tried one of these right after they set up because they were so crunchy and hard to cut and eat.  I took them to the other aides I work with at school the next day ready to tell them they were not that great.  As I ate one I was so happy to see that letting them sit overnight had softened the inside to a cake consistency and they were delicious!  The filling was fun too.  I do wish I would have added a little more filling so I will try it that way next time. 

 I think these would be great for not only Valentine's Day but Wedding Showers or other nice events!  Have fun with these and Please!!! drop a note or a picture if you try these and let me know how you liked them!  Thanks for dropping by!

This post was shared with these great sites!

Wednesday Roundup
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
 A Dish of Daily Life      
The Country Cook 
Pretty Pintastic Party 
Inspire Me Monday 


4 comments:

  1. These are so adorable and I bet they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Nilla Wafers and this is a delish way to dress them up! These are being featured at WW Blog Hop 2/17! Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie you are so kind! Thanks for your visit and for featuring me! It really makes my day!

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!