Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creamy White Chicken Chili

 Sometimes you find recipes in the places you that seem the least likely.  I was minding my own business at a church craft day(Actually I was teaching a class on making Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day, but that is a whole other story for another blog).   We love craft days and it just makes sense that when we have one we spend the whole day together making as many crafts as we can possibly make.  So lunch is provided by a few wonderful cooks.  On this day, soup was on the menu and when I tasted this one I knew it was true love!!! I had tried many recipes for this and none even compared.  I had to try for a few hours to track her down find the wonderful woman who made this and throw myself on her mercy ask nicely for the recipe. (When I taste a good recipe I really am relentless in finding it).  Everyone who even took a sip of this marvelous soup was hooked.  If you meet her (Missy) please tell her "Thank you very much!"


Ingredients:

2 lbs. chicken breast (cut in chunks)
1 large onion
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

4 (15oz.) cans great white northern beans, drained
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped chilis
2 (15 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. ground oregano
2 tsp. salt 

1 cup whip cream (Can use heavy, regular or even 1/2 & 1/2)
2 cups sour cream (Can use regular or reduced fat)

Put diced chicken and onions in a frying pan.  Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook until chicken is done and juices are clear.

Pour chicken mixture into a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.

Mix next 6 ingredients into the mixture until combined.

Cook 4-6 hours starting out on high for 1 hour then turn to low.
Before serving stir in the whip cream and sour cream.  Serve with cilantro and chips if desired!  


You can thank me later!  
p.s. Comments are very welcome!
p.p.s. When people comment it makes my whole day happy! 
p.p.s.s. Thanks for your visit!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I make a recipe similar to this and it is SOOOO good! My sister calls it "crack chili" because it's so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is that good! Maybe I should rename it!!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!